I don’t know much about you, but I feel that it’s safe to assume that you have a birthday this year. Whether you’re just entering your teenage years or maybe you’re exiting them, birthdays are special. With COVID-19 still being around and talk of third waves and more lockdowns possibly happening, it can make the upcoming days, weeks and months to your birthday a little more dreadful. After all, who wants to celebrate their birthday without their friends? I know that as a little kid, I was excited to turn 18 and embark on the journey of adulthood. Now?
Not so much.
I’ve been so worried about not seeing the people I love, that I’ve not been able to actually enjoy the last months of my life not worrying about taxes, university, or planning for my future. All because of a single birthday. Maybe you’re in the same boat and you’re wishing for something you can do to fix it. Well, do I have the solution for you! Instead of continuing to be bummed about my birthday not being everything I dreamed of as a kid, I’ve put together a list of things you can do (or subtly give your friends hints about what they can do) to plan a pand-epic birthday!
Share this article with your friends if there’s something you want them to do! *hint hint, wink wink*
Ideas for your friend’s birthday:
- Drive-by and say hey (from a distance)
- Mail a card (old fashioned maybe, reliable nonetheless)
- Order a gift to their house
- Uber eats (UberEats offers a gift option so you can order to someone else’s house)
- Digital photo album
- Decorate their lawn with balloons and signs
- Leave a present on the doorstep
- Make a video compilation of the birthday person’s friends saying what they love about them!
Or maybe your friends are busy, or you want to have a low-key birthday. If that’s the case, here are some ideas for a solo celebration!
- Make a plan for your DREAM birthday after covid/lockdown
- Buy a cake (better yet, make one!)
- Buy yourself a present
- Order delivery/pick-up from a local restaurant
- Go for a walk or hike
- Beach day!
- Self-timer photoshoot
- Dress up and have fun!
- Order flowers a couple of weeks in advance and schedule the delivery for your birthday
So now that you have some ideas, or maybe have thought of some of your own, start planning (or hinting towards) your pand-EPIC birthday! Comment below some of your ideas or what you might do from this list! You may inspire others 🙂 To anyone reading this with an upcoming birthday, or one that has passed…